Customers approach their stand, a rounded, branded line counter, rocked by roll-ups with appealing content. They take a long time to observe the products exposed and to ask for information from employees impeccably in uniform. They collect, inside a bag with the company logo printed in color (courtesy of the house), flyers, product samples, catalogs and even candy for children who, by the way, also receive a colorful balloon! The speakers of the event, nearby, wave and thank the offer: nothing more useful than a laser pointer for your presentations! Prospects are indicating emails and… Ops! Woke up? It was just a dream, yes, but a dream that can come true. Learn how, by reading this article!
The event market is constantly growing and with it increases the number of opportunities to be explored by your company, whether in congresses, fairs, workshops, meetings… If you want to raise and retain more customers, increase revenues and maximize profits should expose your brand at events, yes! It is the ideal way to engage with consumers, launch a new product, promote an offer and/or expand the image of your brand. To do this you must use merchandising (a technique that plans and promotes a product/service, exposing it in the appropriate place and time) in order to attract the attention of participants (offering pens, t-shirts, mugs, caps…), creating a positive mental representation that in time will translate into a purchase.
Advantages of merchandising at events
Merchandising is an excellent resource for passing information to prospects and customers. The main advantages of exposing your brand in events are:
- Promote the brand
- Publicize the company, products or services
- Provide information
- Differentiate yourself from the competition
- Create bonds, please and retain customers
- Expand and improve the company’s image
- Increase sales
Cheap tips for doing a (BOM) merchandising at an event
In order for your merchandising to be successful and imprinted in the minds of consumers, it must be planned in advance and with creativity, but always with the aim of optimizing the customer experience. After all, he’s the one you’re going to be there for, isn’t it?
In this sense, we have put together some fundamental steps to expose your brand in events, accompanied by suggestions about cheap gifts for your merchandising. Preparation?
1. (BOM) plan
It is not about having a plan, but about having a GOOD plan, that is, studying the specific nature of the event (when, where, why, for how long…) and the type of audience that will be present. Only then will you be able to determine which exhibitor is the best exhibitor, which actions are most appropriate, messages to go through, gifts to offer.
2. (GOOD) DISPOSAL OF MATERIALS
Once you have completed the plan, think about the arrangement of the materials or products at the event. The more strategic the scope, the greater the reach, so invest in an appealing layout – regardless of the dimensions of the space – because it is of paramount importance to create a visual identity so that your company is easily recognized and memorized. There are several options in terms of advertising media and cheap exhibitors for events in the market.
2.1 Suggestions for exhibitors
- Balcony. Easily find the ideal counter at the best price!
- Roll-up. There are many roll-ups with aluminum structure that are practical, portable and easy to assemble. Considered cheap exhibitors for events!
- Wall. The curved wall is perfect for conferences, showrooms or exhibitions. A very appealing option to expose your brand in events, as it creates a great visual impact. There are solutions with a simple and elegant design right into account!
- Balloons. Expose and offer balloons with high quality printing of your company’s logo? And why not? It is at a glance that its shape and its bright colors, guided the eyes of the participants towards their stand! To add to your list of cheap exhibitors for events.
3. (GOOD) TEAM TRAINING
As your products/services are not sold on their own, you may want to train the team that will represent your company at the event. It is never too much to remember that these employees should know the business at 100% in order to be able to answer all the doubts of the participants. In addition, they must be well-disposed and cooperative… and if possible dresses of equal so that they are more easily identified and related to the brand.
3.1 Tips for uniform
- T-shirt. There are several inexpensive options that allow you to display the brand logo or even a more extensive message. The same t-shirts also help participants identify the employees of your company, of course!
- Bermuda. How well is a shorts with waist without elastication, loops, pockets and velcro clasp! Your collaborators will love it!
- Trousers. Too cold to wear shorts? So how about some sturdy work pants with three twill pockets?
- Hit. Is a coat more suitable? There are unisex models at very affordable prices, with chest pocket and side.
- Polar. Polar jackets are a great way to identify employees, while being an extremely comfortable and warm garment. Putting it aside in the summer, but ordering in the winter, for sure!
4. (BoNS) TOASTS
A GOOD plan, a GOOD exhibitor and a GOOD collaborator ask – still – a GOOD experience with the brand. For this, it should use marketing strategies, such as the distribution of gifts, which when well achieved brings excellent results.
Offer cheap gifts at events, those that may be useful or have some functionality in order to please customers, of course, but also in order to leave the registration of your brand for as long as possible.
4.1 Suggestions for offers to participants
- Custom bags. Nothing like delivering bags to customers so they can store all the materials they have been collecting at the event: flyers, catalogs, brochures, DVDs, product samples, etc. This is one of the cheap gifts at events, useful for attendees. Effective also for companies that see people circulating (inside and outside the venue) with a bag advertising their brand.
- USB pen. Ideal to offer at any business event because it is quite useful. And if you customize the pen with the company image and include digital information about your business, the better! Another one of the cheap gifts at events you shouldn’t put aside.
- Can of candy. Whether with mints or gums in various shapes, a can of treats is always an interesting treat. The product itself has no shelf life, but the metal can, with the logo of your company, may have other uses…
- Notepad with ballpoint. As advanced as technology is, we continue to use pen and paper. One of the cheap gifts at events, particularly useful if participants have to take notes.
4.2 Suggestions for offers to speakers
- Custom mugs. A white ceramic mug, personalized in color, will remind the name of your company to the speaker whenever he uses it. Another of the cheap gifts much appreciated due to its usefulness.
- Laser pointer. The speakers of the event will thank you if you present them with a laser pointer with your printed mark, to assist them in the presentations.
- Badges. A simple vertical, rigid, spring-loaded and transparent badge can be very useful at an event, particularly for speakers and/or staff. It is also one of the cheapest gifts you can find on the market.
Realizing the importance of merchandising is halfway towards success! Take advantage of every opportunity to expose your brand at events, add value, publicize the business. Bet on appealing materials and the offer of useful products (there are many options at the level of exhibitors and cheap gifts at events) so that participants take in memory the image of your company and later, at the appropriate time, buy your products or end up with their services. The investment is low, but the potential for return is huge!